Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lucy arrives!

July 2nd, 2010
After 12 + hours of labor (no drugs!) Lucy Cascade Erickson arrives at 7:14 pm. 9 lbs 5.5 oz. It was a lot of work but we're delighted she's here. In this photo - it appears that some are more delighted than others. But take my word for it - I am so happy she arrived safe and sound.
We spent lots of time dancing to bring her into the world. So much so that that evening both Ryan and I still felt like we were in motion.

Bonding time. I'm wearing the same jewelry I did on our wedding day. Kind of sweet...
Lucy arrived with a hand by her face and she continues to find solice in keeping them close. This some times interferes with breast feeding with all of her flailing. She may have gotten that trait from me.

Bonding time with Dad. Watching the world cup and resting, resting, resting.

Alive, alert, awake, enthusiastic. Lucy arrived with big eyes to the world. Here she cuddles with Ryan right after being cleaned up a bit.
Ryan may have been hoping that if she saw the Gustavus shirt right away - she'd be heading there for sure. We'll see about that. I'm going on-line shortly to shop for Smith onesies....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment