Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Maarit Mattson is back...and other moments from our summer


Maarit (aka Maarti) Mattson is back in Northern Minnesota with her lovely parents and little brother Gustaf. Lucky for us, we've had a few adventures with these cool kids this summer. The Aquarium is a favorite stop for everyone, although I sometimes pass on this part of the playing. There is only so much a person can hang out at work, no matter how cool their place of employment is. 

The girlfriends watched the SCUBA divers with interest. 


Our little fashionista cooking and coloring (a girl's gotta have hobbies) while sporting an outfit from Uncle Neal and Aunt Kelly. It is paired with my pearls from when I was a kid. I know, I know, how very New England hoity toity - I had pearls as a child. And yes I do still own some. The ones I wear now though are my nana's so that must count for something. 


Bear! This was one of two we saw in the same afternoon in our neighborhood. Our neighbor reported also seeing one (maybe this one) on our back step looking into our house recently. Yikes. 


Back when I posted about Erica visiting, I didn't know this was on our computer. Here is the beer can chicken in all of its glory. I think there were angels singing at the time also.


A shot (although blurry) of our back yard. 


Big smiles from Maarit and Lucy. Ah summertime. This is on the dock at the Mattson's new house. I look forward to paddling there next summer. 


"Mustaches for Joe" series. A series of photos were taken in honor of our friend Joe who recently passed on to the other side. Mustaches and photography were some of his things. Kudos to our friend Erin for arranging this fitting and funny tribute. 


A bonfire at the Mattsons. They have the most gigantic backyard ever. Wowzers. 


Brighton beach and boats paired with long sleeves. Summer on Lake Superior.


Ryan and Lucy set up the hammock in our backyard. Relaxing ensued. Since swings are one of Lu's favorite things, a huge swing that she can enjoy with her parents is pretty spectacular. 


A PSA from our friend Emily: Goats don't eat tin cans. But they are fun to pet. 


Thinking and holding on tight at the Lake Superior Zoo.

Choo Choo!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Especially the photo of Maarit and Lucy on our dock...definitely we need that one for the family wall.
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete