Friday, March 4, 2011

Sitting up and looking silly

Lucy has been working on her sitting skills. Over the last few days she's reached a 84.5% success rate with sitting on her own for more than 30 seconds. Even then she sometimes gets excited, reaches for a toy and face plants. I'm torn about how much I should be hovering and catching her. Obviously I don't want her to get hurt or upset but she's also got to figure out where the tipping point is.
Since being in my belly Lu has had busy hands. She is always touching, feeling, scratching, wiggling etc. With all the excema stuff, she was scratching the heck out of her head and ears. Now I think it's just habit. So the last few days she's been at it again and we keep a hat on her when she's at daycare. We have several hats that tie under her chin because those busy hands are really good at getting any other type of hat off in milli-seconds.
This morning all her other hats were in the wash so we busted out this one. Story goes that an Erickson relative in Ireland knit this hat and Ryan wore it as a baby. There is a matching sweater. It's a bit on the scratchy side so I put a thin little hat on under it. And then I laughed out loud. She looks so much like Little Bo Peep - I just couldn't help myself.
Here she is sitting all by herself and looking cute and ridiculous.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment